This week for our Oz project we started developing thumbnails for our characters and environments. We also continued pushing our 3D proxy work and VR level. Because I have been working with Francisco on the castle environment for our witch and monkey characters I worked on developing the environment thumbnails. The goal for these thumbnails was to explore different shapes/feelings for the witch's castle and the path leading up to her lair. I took Melissa's design from the previous week as a starting point for the designs and worked to further push the idea into different iterations. This week Francisco worked primary on the 3D aspects of the witch environment while I focused on the thumbnails, so I do not have any work to show this week from that part of the project.
|The castle thumbnail designs|
We also spent our time Friday in class to work on a piece for our project. I did a quick design of the interior of the castle that isn't quite finished.
|An idea I made for the interior|